Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"New Technique"

Alright these photos below are a new technique I was trying out (okay, NOT a new technique. Just me messing around. It's definitely not a technique). So I was watching some very talented videographer's videos online, and it said that he had done a macro shot by turning around his lens on his camera and shooting through the lens backward. I thought that sound freaking cool, so I tried it with my 50mm 1.8 lens. I had to hold it up to the camera (the lens, I mean. I couldn't just turn it around and screw it back onto my camera), and I had to bump the ISO WAY up (which is what makes the photo grainy), and slow the shutter speed down quite a bit, but you can see how it turned out. Kinda cool. Well, I think so anyway. It gives the picture a filmy look. I LIKE IT. My favorite is the bottom left, and my next favorite is the one with the dead fly on the dead purple flower. Haha! Funny.

DSC_0042-2DSC_0140-2
DSC_0132-2DSC_0133-2
DSC_0146-2DSC_0143-2

Woo! That's it. Try it out, it's fun:)